10 May 2018

Teapots finished



Well they were for an exchange I did with the Fringe Element in Canada. My partner has now received hers so I'm happy to show you. 

What I haven't told you is that the person I was given to make for is a very, very special friend who has put up with me twice by allowing me to stay with her in her house. Her husband is special too - love his dry sense of humour. 

One of the remits on this exchange was to use beads. Now, I can hear you wondering where the beads are on the picture below but I can assure you they're there. Tiny gold sparkly ones. My very special favourite ones. 

I had to make the large teapot VERY carefully so that I got all the beads in the right places. Thanks to Martha Ess's wonderful instructions and diagrams in her 'Tea is for Tatting' book this wasn't hard but just required dedicated concentration - thank GOODNESS BC3 behaved well throughout!!! All the teapots are in that book.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

I love all these teapots, but my favourite is the little round purple one at the bottom!

God's Kid said...

Super fabulous teapots!!! :)

Nancy G said...

Oh my, how cute is this! Love what you've done with the teapots.

Crazy Mom! said...

Oh and I know she'll love these! Did you tell her she can't keep them if she persists in needle tatting (wink wink)?

Tim Kaylor said...

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle, here is my spout.

Those look great, Jane. I have the book and want to make some of those if I ever get time.

Unknown said...

Love them all, splendid teapots!

Lavinia said...

The teapots are very pretty. I really like the big one with the flowers.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.