10 August 2016

Bad news

After the tatting doldrums (which are slowly lifting) I have some bad news. 

I'm not sure how to tell you this but I don't think BC3 will be quite as good in the future due to his loss. Sad, but true.

Now I expect you're wondering what's happened.  Well, due to me traveling over the pond shortly and also having found I'd got a loose tooth I took myself off to the 'tooth fairy' yesterday.  Some people call them dentists but I call mine a tooth fairy.  I'm afraid she's partial to collecting MY teeth. 

Anyway between us we decided that this loose wisdom tooth had to go into her collection.  I'd benefited from this particular tooth for many, many years (the old body is now 72¾) so parting with it was such 'sweet sorrow'.  This will mean that BC3 will be losing a bit of his power due to another piece of wisdom being stolen off him.  Good news is that I still have two wisdom teeth left so he'll have to rely on them for moral support!

Actually I think my lovely dentist (Sally - NOT my sister!) must love my teeth as she's got a fair few of them now and I have a 'nearly naked' part of my mouth. 

11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh gosh, having a wisdom tooth out is no picnic, good luck with that. I feel sure that BC3 won't really miss it though!!

Maureen said...

That sounds painful - I still have all four of mine, but I well remember my son's face when he had to have his extracted many years ago - it was swollen like a bowling ball. Sensible to have it attended to before your big trip.

Pigmini said...

Hmmm.... I've only got 2 as well... Want me to send my BC3 over?? (If I can find her that is... she tends to spend her time outside sunning herself!!) Or will that just be more distraction for your BC3???

Good to hear that the wind whistling through the wisdom gap is clearing the doldrums... hope it's whistling in and not out!!! LOL

Maureen said...

No wind in the doldrums, Pigmini - it just blows around out of sight behind the trees.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear this, hope it goes smoothly!

God's Kid said...

Don't feel too bad! I had to lose my last 26 about 8 years ago and I am only going on 50.

tatlyn said...

I’m sure your well of wisdom runs VERY deep and this beloved fang took only a bite of good judgment and a nip of insight and perception with it!
May you taste good health again soon!

Bernice said...

Mom said I had my dad's teeth and my mom's jaw so I had them out to make room 50 plus yrs ago. I don't believe they had anything to do with wisdom or BC3 at all. Safe Travels.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How sad! I lost all my bits of wisdom over 30 years ago. Believe it or not, my dentist said my mouth was too small. I think my husband and daughters might disagree! ;-)

Batty Tatter said...

I had all four wisdom teeth taken out at 21. So that's my excuse. I didn't suffer from the extraction as I was put to sleep. I was having a correction for a mandibular occlusion, so there would be no room once my jaw was set back. I spent 6 weeks with my teeth wired together. Good weight loss method. I hope the extraction goes well and you have no misery from it. Don't think BC 3 will even notice. You've just expanded space for him to stretch the imagination.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I am sure BC3 will not be affected. I have always only had two wisdom teeth, and they resemble canines not molars. I do not qualify to be called a half whit.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.