31 May 2016

Re-recycling.

Wonder if there is such a word? Well if not then I've invented it!!!!

Today I'm going to show you what I made a few years ago. Actually nearly seven years ago. Where does the time go?!?!? Here's the link.

At the time I was well pleased with it but after a few weeks didn't wear it much. I made earrings to match but I didn't wear them as they look like crosses. They're here.

So, I'm getting the scissors out and I'm going to re-do the necklace. I wasn't happy with the way the beads sit in the split rings so this time I'm going to try the way that somebody or other (oh to have a memory!) came up with. I'll keep you posted on what happens next!!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Evolving - that's what the designs are doing - the beads were a wonderful purchase, because you can re-use them as often as you like. I wonder if the technique you're thinking of involves chaining round the beads? - one of the Qld Tatters has made a lovely necklace that way, from a pattern in one of the Japanese books.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's always harder to tell in photos, but I think it looks pretty as you made it. Now I can hardly wait to see what it looks like in its new rendition!

Pigmini said...

Send that necklace here... I'd wear it!!! Vbg

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I enjoy re-recycling. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.