16 May 2016

Getting grumpy about Etsy

It's a smallish grump but it's causing me to consider leaving Etsy altogether. 

In fact I'm actually going to leave when the bags and tatting I've got in there finish their 'time'. I'm going to move over to Folksy and will give you the links/details when I move. Oh, that will be when I get another supply of shuttles from 'im in the garage which I hope will be within a month or so.

The reason? I cannot abide being forced to view everything as it's now set up in the gallery view.  I LOVED 'list' view and I can't find any way to change it when visiting shops.  The latest way of viewing items (see below) is just tooooo big and horrid on my laptop or iPad.  Actually it's too cumbersome anyway.  I loved being able to view things in a list.  I could go to a site, click on 'list view' and get a (what I'd call) a resume of what was in that particular shop.  Now I'm forced to see it in a way that I'm just not comfortable with.  So, I'm not going to view other shops either as it annoys me.  
Does anybody else feel like this?  
Sorry folks.  Grumble over.  

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I hadn't noticed that they'd changed the format! I haven't heard of Folksy, but as long as we can buy shuttles and bags, we'll all be happy, wherever they are.

Madtatter80 said...

I don't sell anything on etsy but I have the worst time ordering things, and thought maybe it was me and then my daughter tried to buy me a gift card for mothers day and she ended up not cause it was too much trouble :( I did get something else, but it is sad to think that every thing is a struggle from Etsy.

linb54 said...

I like Etsy, but then I'm not a seller. I use Paypal to pay and haven't ran into a problem.I've never heard of folksy...I might have to check it out? Linda B.

Bernice said...

I don't mind when I am sent to etsy to buy something but I don't like "shopping" there. I don't like the format either.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never tried selling anything on Etsy, but I do purchase quite a bit there. I agree, it has become cumbersome to view items for sale, and it seems I have to jump through hoops to find what I'm looking for. I guess I'll have to check out Folksy!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.