3 October 2015

Playing with a motif!!


Afraid this is going to be a boring post. Well, most of mine are probably pretty boring but tat's life, eh?

This is a celtic motif that I've had floating around in cyberspace for ages and ages. 

A bit of history here. I first saw what I know as Celtic Tatting in Rosemarie Peel's books. She (as far as I know) invented true celtic tatting. 

By that I mean - making two elements, interweaving them and then 'anchoring' those two elements with a third round. She is a quiet and lovely genius. Sadly Tat Land has lost her to bobbin lace at the moment but hopefully she'll return.


5 comments:

Maureen said...

Our friend Fox is another who has been resisting the siren call of tatting recently - she's been lured away by needlelace!I hope they will both return to thready monogamy, and in the meanwhile yours is a very nice motif indeed.

Frivole said...

Very nice motif Jane, I like it. :-)

God's Kid said...

Great motif!! :)

StringyDogs said...

I have a confession: I usually don't like Celtic tatting. It often looks too heavy. But, I like yours. It is balanced and nice!

Jane Eborall said...

Thank you StringyDogs.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.