22 September 2012

Heading towards Tat Days

Thursday saw a leisurely start before starting out to Toccoa and the fun of Tat Days.  First we went to Mary Mac's for lunch before driving the two hours to the venue.  

Tat Days is held in a lovely place which you can see here with a beautiful lake 'down the hill' which can also be viewed from the dining room.  The food was great and plentiful too.

First of all was the teacher's meeting and I had to abandon Sally for that.  I was a bit worried as she knew nobody there but when I came out I had to go looking for her and found she'd already started making friends.  

The two of us then set about setting out the pob a bobbin shuttles and assorted roly poly bags in the vending room.  A room to be avoided if you didn't want to drool over threads, shuttles, books and assorted other items in there!!!  I spent lots of dollars in there!!!

Later we watched Martha demonstrate her home made bead loader in the gathering room.

Friday morning saw my first lesson in which I learnt something new from Phyllis and I will be telling you more about that later.  I was gifted with some lovely pressies too.  Thanks, Phyllis.  I was chuffed to bits.  The second and third pictures are some of my students - the dance was due to a successful split ring!!!!!  The fear of split rings was vanquished during the lesson!!!!

Oh, perhaps I should make it clear - I was supposed to be the teacher but I also learnt from my students as usual.



8 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

It sounds like you had a Fanastic time, thank you for sharing your lovely pictures
Margaret

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Thanks for the post and the photos! I'd still be getting over jet lag! I can't believe the number of Pop A Bobbins!

It looks like the perfect place to have the convention. One of the unique things this year was the hour-long internet 'broadcast' during the tatting competition, which I got to see 'live' on my computer! (Everyone can see the recorded video on the Palmetto website.) Eventually the camera moves around the room to show the contest and the tatting exhibits. Although it's a bit 'choppy', I was delighted to see this while it was happening! It made me feel a little better about not being there!

Ladytats said...

I love seeing all the Tat Days pictures. and read the different stories. Thanks Jane

Debbie H said...

Hi Jane.
It sounds like everyone had a marvelous time! I'm trying to find the closest convention out my way (California, USA). Jennifer of Tatting Corner is trying to help me too.
What's Martha's homemade bead loader and how can we found out more about it?

Sally Kerson said...

Reading your blog post just reminds me of the marvelous time we had, but I can't rememebr everything that went on! How clever of you to recall almost every detail. Apart from the bits we would rather forget!

TAT19540 said...

Hey I recognize at least 2 people in your pics. You were evil with that camera! It was a great time and place and I still have no Flamingo! lol

Maureen said...

OK - now you have to tell us what are the bits that you would rather forget? - because those are what make a good trip memorable!
Did ALL those Pop-a-Bobbins sell? - any left for the rest of us?

Jane Eborall said...

No, Maureen not ALL of the shuttles sold and I'll list the remaining few in a week or two's time when I've had time to list them and/or have got another supply from 'im in the garage. He's making more at this very moment, apparently. The bit I'd rather forget was an incredibly difficult passenger on the long haul part of the flight home!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.