23 July 2012

Now for a bracelet


So, after playing with the lanyard I got to wondering about other ways I could use that basic idea and this is what I came up with for a bracelet.  

I'm actually pleased with the quality of this/these techniques used this way as it's made a very 'firm' piece.  It's not 'floppy' and sits well just as it is.  Pretty even without any beads.  

I've scanned a closer image so you can see what I've done.  Not sure it's a 'pattern' as such but I am writing it down and also working on some drawings.  There might be another 'incarnation' of this and I want to try that first as I think the new idea will be a real improvement.  Do I see a pair of scissors heading for this bracelet?  Yes, I think I do!!!!

I always write text down as I go as I've got the brain of a gnat.


8 comments:

** jess! ** said...

how pretty! I actually started and finished a bracelet tonight, I was proud. But, it doesn't look nearly as nice as yours. :o)
(I even used HWT... which made me think of you)

Anne said...

Hi Jane

Love the colour combinations. Very attractive.

Valerie said...

cool one, jane. let's see what other brilliant ideas brain cell #3 comes up with...

Jane McLellan said...

Very interesting! Lots of possibilities, I would think.

Maureen said...

Don't take scissors anywhere near the bracelet! - because I think it's perfect the way it is.
Probably that's why I am not a designer and you are!

God's Kid said...

That looks really neat!! :)

Batty Tatter said...

Please, please, not the scissors. I'll give it a home. It's lovely. Can't wait to see a pattern.

Marilee Rockley said...

Very cool, indeed! With the way the color patterning changes, it seems like Op art.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.