4 June 2012

To wit to woo

Oooooops, sorry, I mean 'Pieces of Eight!!!  

What do you think of this chap?  Would he make a good pattern or not?  I've been wanting to make a parrot for years and years but never could get Mary Parrot's parrot out of my head.  Her's is a stonking great parrot and I know mine would never be as 'parroty' as hers.  Here's a link to her pattern.

I made hers years and years ago but must've given it away as I can't find it.  Here's my poor relation.  Pattern to follow - after a bit more teasing and eye candy!!!!!  


Well, you know me - I like to make you wait a few days!!!!!!


Tell you one extra thing - yesterday's pageant on the Thames was fantastic.  Watched it on the telly all afternoon.  Today's our street party so not a lot will be done today!!!!

15 comments:

Maureen said...

You should come an visit me - the bottlebrush trees are FULL of the noisiest, most colourful rainbow lorikeets! Your parrot would look stunning in their colours of electric blue, lime green and red.
I watched the pageant all night on TV - my favourite part was seeing them all bouncing up and down in time with the music!

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid parrot! Lovely bright colours too.

Conny said...

Wunderschön!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think your parrot is adorable!

Riet said...

jane I like your parrot and I saw a littlebit of the parade.
iwas the whole weekend at an exposition of bobbin lace of the guild I am a member of and what was so wonderfull I was allowed to show my tatting dollies between the bobbinlace dollies. That is something special.
I am looking out for your pattern of the parrot
hugs and greetings
Riet the B-engel

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I think your Parrot is Splendid!!

Fox said...

Love it - clean simple lines and appropriate colour. You certainly have captured the essence of parrot with this wonderful design. Well done!
Fox

Monica said...

I love your parrot! And thanks for the link to the other one too. While I don't consider myself too fond of figurative tatting, I can certainly appreciate it! (and it would probably work great in the colourway I used for my poor goat in January, LOL!)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Excellent parrot design, Jane! Not a 'poor relation' at all! I had to look twice at Mary's name! No wonder she designed a parrot!

I know you'll have a good time today! You should wear your new necklace!

Marty said...

Great parrot! He'd look so good on a shirt.

Tatfully Yours said...

I love him!!!! And I hope you do up a pattern for him!! The parrot is on the coat of arms for dads side of the family and I know he would like one!!

Kelly

Margarets designer cards said...

Great Parrot, yes the pageant was lovely pity it rained.
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Fantastic parrot!!! :)

Sharon D. said...

Love the Parrot.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I love him!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.