28 June 2012

Shuttle winners announced

The web site is finished and WHAT a relief!!!  I have had somebody say that the front page doesn't fit on their monitor and that they have to move over to the right to see it all.  Does that happen to anybody else?  Is it the settings on their computer or (more likely) is it me and the way I've got it set up?  Any and all comments and help on this would be VERY welcome.

Yesterday afternoon I had the following message from Barb at Handy Hands regarding the naming of the new Aerlit shuttles (for more information visit this post).  CONGRATULATIONS to the winners.  This is what she said.

"We have the winners for the Aerlit shuttle names. So you can post on the blog, we will let them know later. We found that there were several that had the same name idea but the ones that submitted first will be our winners."


Later in the day (early evening) I was told I'd won a set of shuttles with one of my suggestions.  I'm just over the moon and back again - thanks Barb a million times.  Here they all are with their names.  


A strange notion crossed the mind of brain cell 3 - will Barb have a ceremony to present herself with a set of shuttles (see mint chocolate) or will she mail them to herself?  There's a conundrum!!!






17 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! - so you and Sally will BOTH have a set - how exciting!
I always have to move the page over to the right, ever since you re-did your blog. I've got used to it.

Nima said...

jane you need to adjust the width...need to move to the right to see the full page

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It was great fun trying to think up names. Congratulations to the winners!

Susie said...

I had "Summer Sky" suggested as the blues, so definitely getting suggestions in early was a good thing. Congratulations. Will Sherry Townsend get TWO sets???

Sally Kerson said...

I am just as delighted as you Jane, would have been green with jealously if you had got a set before me, so now there will be no fighting!

Sally Kerson said...

Forgot to say in my excitement that the web page fits on my monitor

Jane Eborall said...

Nima and Maureen I'm working on the problem with my limited knowledge of 'how to'!!!!
Susie - I've no idea but I know that Barb's always very generous.
Sally - you know I'd have shared if I'd won a set and you hadn't but it would've been hard to do as I love the two prototypes I've got!!!

Anne said...

Hi Jane

I have to slide your page over to the right.

The answer to your conundrum is, that Barbara will just nip outside her front door and post the shuttles through her letter box!

Jane Eborall said...

Anne - could you try the original page again AND this one too as they're slightly different.
http://janeeborall.freeservers.com/indextest.htm
Please email me on lovetotat@gmail.com with whatever you find out!!!!

tattrldy said...

Hi Jane,
The link in your post leads to a page that I have to slide to the right to see all of. The link you have in the message to Anne takes me to a page that fits my screen.

Jane McLellan said...

I used to have a problem with my old computer, which was narrower than my new one, but with this one I don't, so I think it may have something to do with the shape of the viewer's screen? Ah boo, no shuttles for me! But congratulations to the winners.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Congrats to the shuttle winners - glad you and Sally are among them!! I didn't enter the contest, but I like the names chosen. I guess the black one was a prototype! It will be amazing to see all those shuttles and bobbins in person! I hope they show up in the stores so the general public can see them!

I'm amazed how quickly you've finished moving all your patterns! It's great to know they are safe now!

Ladytats said...

Congrats to the naming winners, I was close with a couple names.

as for your sites, I have always had to move your blog page, but tried the link to your patterns and techniques page above and do not have to move that.

Phyllis said...

Jane, I want to thank you for posting about the shuttle names. I am one of the lucky winners that will be receiving a set. I am soooooooo excited and will be waiting patiently for fall.

Adrian said...

Hi Jane,

I've checked your website with...

Firefox 13.0.1
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Safari 5.1.7
Opera 12.00
Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m

...under Windows 7 and it looks fine in all of them.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Adrian for taking the time and trouble too. I've tweaked it until I'm 'tweaked out' so it's now staying 'as is' for now!!! I think it's a lot to do with the setting on people's computers but as I'm no expert I'm not sure. Many thanks to you and all the people who have contacted me. Much appreciated.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners.
This new page fits on my screen Jane, whereas the old one was larger
Hugs
Joy in OZ

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.