19 June 2012

Roundabout motif part 3


So, after I'd killed the last trial it was a case of starting again in the middle!!!  After another evening or two I came up with this.

Next problem was 'what do I call it' so I asked Sally who suggested it looked like a roundabout - the sort you see in Children's playgrounds.  So it's got a name now!!!!  Quite nice when you've got a name, isn't it?  Now to tackle the drawings and getting the text and drawings put together.

After that a space of a few days to allow myself to forget how I did it and then I'll try the pattern again - to see if it makes sense to me!!!!  



14 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh, that looks so pretty, I love the roundabout.

Frivole said...

I love this one Jane! I shall look forward to the pattern. Thank you so much for sharing all your great designing with us! Those lock chains in two colours look really pretty but I like the whole thing.

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Great design, Jane - love the top one with the variegated thread!

Valerie said...

Wow, I love the final product! It's a wonderful piece, can't wait for the pattern!

Unknown said...

Lovely job with this one.

God's Kid said...

Oh how neat!!! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Very pretty design Jane!! I'm glad you got it all sorted out.

Fox said...

Lovely balanced pattern. Great name too!
Fox : )

Sally Kerson said...

Clever design, and the name is good also!!!

Tatfully Yours said...

This looks great!! I am sure I needle tatter can do this!!! Right?
Kelly

Jane Eborall said...

Of course they can - if they learn to shuttle tat, Kelly!!!!!! You give me the opportunity every time to give you a hard time!!! Seriously - I'm not sure but I expect they can.

Ladytats said...

Oh this does look like a merry-go-round with the kids leaning out as it goes around. Brilliant name Sally. Great pattern Jane

Julie Romero said...

Oh, I like this one...what a pretty motif!

Manuela said...

hi jane,

that's a pretty small motif.

Manuela greeting

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.