12 June 2012

The day job!!!

Now this is what I've been doing during the days for the last few weeks.  No, don't be silly - not housework.  Well, that's not strictly true as I spend a lot of energy avoiding doing it so sometimes it's easier just to 'hit the designer dust' where it hurts most.

No, what I've been doing is using up the scraps left over from making roly poly bags etc.  I have a 'thing' about throwing stuff away that may be useful so I decided to use the scraps to make what I call 'scrap bags'.

This is the start of one.  I am using that sticky back vilene or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods.  I lay the vilene down (sticky side up, of course!) and pin each piece of fabric on.  This takes roughly two hours per bag as I keep changing my mind as I go.  Plus, of course, the tatting takes an evening or slightly more too.  This one will be the size of a shopping tote - when it's finished.

BUT there's no point in getting out all the fabric and only make ONE so you might as well make a few.  Know what I mean?  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!!!


8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Great idea! Why stop at one, indeed!

rsmre said...

Wow! I see the material used for my roly poly bag. :)

Jane Eborall said...

That's funny, rsmre!!! I find it very hard to choose which fabrics to leave out so usually use all I can fit on!!! Which is yours?

** jess! ** said...

Wow! I love it! That's going to make for a very special scrap bag!! Will you be making more roly poly bags out of them or is it actually going to be a bag made of scraps to hold scraps.

TAT19540 said...

Crazy quilts! That is what they remind me of. Kind of like waste not want not! Great idea!

Jane Eborall said...

No, not roly poly bags, Jess, as they are too 'stiff' once made - but .......... Wait and seeeeeee!!!!

Ladytats said...

oohh, very pretty, are they going in the etsy shop? shopping bags? I use cloth bags for my grocery shopping, no sense using those flimsy plastic.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Ladytats, I doubt it!!! I'd have to ask a lot of money for them as they take such a long time to make. Having said that you never know!!!! I have an idea for smaller ones too!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.