15 June 2012

Bags - again

First today I'm going to show you the scrap bags with all the pieces pinned on.  At this stage I'm ready to throw in the towel as it never looks very good.  Changes of mind happen every five minutes too!!!

After ironing, though, the piece takes on a new 'life' and look so much better.  The next part of the process is to stitch down all the edges.  That's another two hours or so per bag!!!

The following pictures are (first at the top) - just been ironed.  All the fabric is now reasonably firmly held in place.  The Second pictures shows the front when it's been stitched down.  Finally the third picture is the back of the stitched bag.

You can see now that I'm working on several bags at once.  Well, women CAN multi task, can't they?  Even this OG manages it once in a while!!!!




8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That looks like alot of fun, Jane.

Maureen said...

I can't visualise exactly what this is going to be - but the pattern of the stitching on the back looks great!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

After only one sip of coffee, I thought the post title was BUGS again! I blinked twice, cleared my eyes, took another sip of coffee and saw the word BAGS... whew! Your house is NOT infested!

I'm going to show my daughter Joanne your BAGS post... she needs to do something with all her quilt scraps. I'm sure Joanne will not make bags, though. It's much more likely that she'll try your technique on placemats or pot holders. I'm looking forward to seeing the final bag!

God's Kid said...

Those look great!! :)

** jess! ** said...

It looks fantastic. :o)

Marty said...

What a great idea for scrap use. I know we've got lots of scraps. I wonder if I could make storage boxes for tatting with the same technique?

Jane Eborall said...

No, Diane, no bugs at the moment!!!! Tell Joanne it's fun making the bags but placemats and pot holders sound a great idea.
Marty - you are VERY naughty - you've fed that wretched brain cell 3 with another idea. GO AWAY!!!!!

Mrs. Fink said...

I love it! It's eclectic and very cool. If nothing else it will get people's attention and get them to ask questions...and the motif really adds a nice touch. :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.