1 June 2011

More earrings talk

So, over the years I've tried many, many things and the only earrings I really like are the Winsome Drop ones which I did a year or two ago.

For me, personally, they have everything I need in an earwig!!!  They're lacy enough with the tatting and they hang beautifully with the beads.  Also they give countless opportunities to play with all sorts of beads and I now have them to match most of my 'outfits' (by that I mean umpteen tshirts and scruffy jeans!!!).

Here are two naked (before the wires were added) pairs I made with the shell beads!!

Can you see the tiny hearts with beads in the centre on the blue pair?  Those are the same as the ones I used in the dead bracelet (the ones from Kelly).  So easy to add a bead to the centre.

The orange pair have a small crystal at the bottom.

7 comments:

Anne said...

What a lovely colour blue. Very pretty.

Do you get many earwigs down there. Can't remember when I last saw one!

Take care.

Jane Eborall said...

We have hundreds, thanks, Anne. Darn things!!!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

They are gorgeous Jane and lovely colours.
Margaret

Clotat said...

beautiful earrings!! and colourful too!!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Oh, I especially love the blue pair. I like the effect of the different bead (heart) at the bottom. I've been thinking about making myself some tatted earrings, but I don't look very good in long dangly ones. I prefer something that sits close or on the lobe with some dangle below. The only thing I've attempted so far were 'earring jackets' I could put a post earring through. Another idea for my 'to tat' list, I guess.

God's Kid said...

Those are great summertime earrings! Such fun colors! :)

Crazy Mom! said...

I love these! I need to make some more earrings for me too!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.