7 May 2011

Old earrings - part 2


Here are some more of the earrings although there are a lot more which I can't find!!!  Gracious - I'd forgotten all about these!!!!  I've still got the old exercise book somewhere in whicih I wrote down the patterns.  In fact I saw it recently!!  I'll have a look around for it.


Seems like I've lost an 'old bat' somewhere (middle towards the bottom)!!!!  


Do you recognise the giraffes?  That pattern was re-done and is on my site under 'doodles' and is right here.  


It was doing these and using some of the white school glue (PVA) to stiffen them which led me into other experiments in stiffening.  Actually this still works best for me - mostly I dilute it with a little water first as it's easier to 'squidge' into the tatting with my fingers.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I like the squirrels!

Valerie said...

totally cute! i stiffen with white glue diluted with a little water too. works well.

Margarets designer cards said...

I love them all I am sure the children loved them too. I stiffen with starch I think I must try the white glue might be better. thanks for the information
Margaret

Orsi said...

Cute little things!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.