9 April 2011

Another day another few diamonds!

Are you fed up with this yet?  I'm not!!!

I'm still plodding away with the mat and am dreading the next part which will be mainly 'fill ins' I think.  I may even change the colours on those too.  By fill ins I mean the ones which surround the central dark pink star.  The next ones will surround the blue and green ones.  Perhaps today I will play with diamonds on my drawing software to see what variations of designs I can come up with.

The colours are working well for me at the moment - do like the variegated ones in the centres surrounded by plain.  I'm glad I stuck with the original colours.

The next stage won't fit on the scanner so I'll have to take photos of it!!!!
  

12 comments:

Maureen said...

You've almost doubled it in size, since last time! - it's going to be huge, and I think it looks rather Art-Deco-ish. I have a very old Chinese ginger jar which would look perfect on it.
I'm interested in seeing how you are going to treat the long straight bits between the outer stars - it's all rather mathematical, isn't it!

Karrieann said...

...it is striking!

deanna7trees said...

looking beautiful.

Crazy Mom! said...

Dear merciful God, you are a fast tatter. It's getting to be enormous!

And lovely!

Anonymous said...

A FEW more diamonds!? There are much more than a few there! :-P You've been busy - but the color scheme is definitely starting to come together now. It looks like a tatted quilt - I love it! :-)

RandaGray said...

I probably missed it from sometime before the last post about this one, but do you have a pattern for this one posted, or are you waiting until it's finished? I'd love this one. I know someone that would just adore it =-)

Margarets designer cards said...

Truly colourful and growing fast, looking lovely so far, How big are you going to make it.
Margaret

Jane Eborall said...

Hi RandaGray there is a pattern which I did ages ago!!! Here's the link http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/Diamond.pdf. I also did squares and triangles to fit in with the diamond and they're here http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/Squaretriangle.pdf

Jane Eborall said...

No idea, Margaret. I've made one before but hope to go further this time!!!

God's Kid said...

Wonderfully beautiful and fun colors! :)

Tatenup said...

Boy Jane, I can't believe how much tatting you get done. You are amazing.

RandaGray said...

Thank you! =-)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.