28 March 2011

At LAST - the dove is finished!

Before I start.  There will be a few more shuttles in the shop on Tuesday or Wednesday.  The day will depend on how much I get sorted today!!!  I'm going to 'activate' them at around nine o'clock in the evening - that's British Summer Time.  I'll let you know tomorrow which day it will be!!!
Another forgotten and re-found pattern!!!!!  I've fiddled around with this one long enough!!!

This is a pattern I was going to submit to teach at Palmetto this year but as we'll not be in the USA at the same time as Tat Days then that's flown out of the window - metaphorically speaking.  Well, not quite as it's now in cyberspace!!!

I've put the pattern on my web page at long last - please forgive me for the wait and Sally, please forgive me for further alterations to the pattern too!!!  This picture shows the dove without it's olive branch but the pattern does have one.  Very simple that part is too!!!!

11 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

Well I admire you coming back to it! Look forward to tatting it again in its new and final version. Pleased that "Im in the garage" delivered the shuttles safely last night.

God's Kid said...

Wow! That is neat! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very nice! It reminds me of a Picasso print my sister had for years. I think she grew tired of it, and it flew the coop!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely dove, I am so glad its finished and flown the nest, will there be any more to replace him.
Margaret

Fox said...

Diane's right! It DOES look like that Picasso!
Next stop, Jane:

"The displays at Tate Britain call on the greatest collection of British art in the world to present an unrivalled picture of the development of art in Britain from the time of the Tudor monarchs in the sixteenth century, to the present day."

Doesn't tatting belong there too?!!
Fox : )

Valerie said...

Elegant. Glad it's finished. Love the use of beads here.

deanna7trees said...

beautiful dove and how appropriate for this time, the dove being a symbol of peace.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm again in awe! I had admired the 'original' and knew you were working on the pattern. I was SO pleased to see this today! And it's done in one pass! Wonderful!

Not only is your tatting and designing talent amazing, your 'software' drawing ability and instruction writing are of the highest caliber. You have raised the bar for writing patterns. I appreciate the drawing of the different 'sections' and the numbers on the rings.

Also, I'm still looking for those earring elements. There are 'similar' things out there, but not with that particular center, and holes are too small to pull thread through. Your design without the element is excellent, though!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Kathy, you make me blush. Thank you so much for all the compliments.

connie said...

Oh
everything is lovely but all I could concentrate on was NO TAT DAY VISIT! Awwwh
sorry,I'll miss you.
Connie

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Ooooohere is a comment or should I say a question for you Janey, O Janey. Did I read that right that you will not be at the Palmetto event this year? Please say it isn't so....

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.