1 November 2009

Something new!


As I've mentioned before (I think!) I'm currently working on a commissioned piece of work for the lass I did the black strips for. 

The task she's set me is to make a long piece of 'random' tatting.  No pattern at all.  This was rather daunting at first and I wondered if I'd be able to 'just tat'.  The specification was that it should be between 0.5 cm to 4.0 cm in width. 

Well I started off and this is what happened.  I ran it by her and she said it's exactly what she's looking for.

I'm using a number 80 thread which means it's going to take some time, I think.



6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hmmm... I tried random tatting once, and all I had to show for my efforts was a big mess! This sort of reminds me of a dragon!

Unknown said...

Okay, good, I was trying to figure what it was...so glad you mentioned it was random tatting, LOL!

Fox said...

Like free design knitting or crocheting, think this would be a bit demanding. Not my idea of fun!
Fox : )

Crazy Mom! said...

This looks like a Santa Sleigh to me

IsDihara said...

To me, it looks like a medieval lute, laying on its side. Just add a few "strings" and you've got yourself a lovely crooked-neck musical instrument.

Miranda said...

Any idea what she's going to do with it?

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.