11 January 2009

Tiny flowers for a friend

A friend of mine down the next road has been making herself a new dress. It's the first time she's done any sewing for years and it's looking really good.

The fabric is plain apricot. Very plain - not even a slub in the weave.

A couple of months ago I helped her with getting the collar put onto the dress and she said it needed 'something' to break up the apricot. She'd seen some flower motifs in our local shop and decided that they 'might' do. I came home with a sample of the fabric and came up with these little flowers below which I delivered yesterday.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't your friend so lucky! Those little cuties will be a lovely sparkle on her new dress.
Katie V in Creedmoor NC

Anonymous said...

Your friend will be very happy. The flowers are very pretty.
Elizabeth
Mobile, Al.

Tattycat said...

How lovely and sweet. I hope she will let you show us a photograph when it is finished. YOu are a good friend.

Gina said...

You are such a wonderful friend! And guess what? Your blog finally updated on my links!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Unknown said...

Those look delightful. What a sweet friend!

Stephanie said...

Your blog finally updates! Yay! Those flowers are cute. The brown will look very pretty against the apricot. Nice job, as always.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Are these tatted in the daisy picot method? I too am so happy to see your blog has updated in my links! Hooray!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.