21 December 2008

Talking to myself out loud!!

Tat land is a wonderful place. I love living here.

Yesterday (as usual) I went to check what was happening on my blog's dashboard where you can see the latest postings by those who you've chosen to 'follow'. I saw a rather nice Christmas candle there by Steph in Michigan. I thought to myself (sometimes I do think thoughts) that it looked familiar and trundled off to take a closer look.

Well, blow me down, it was one I'd done some years ago. It actually looks rather cool. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Steph for pointing out that the pattern was 'short of 2 beads' in the notation!!! Which, coming to think about it, bears some semblance to the fact that I'm definitely short of a few brain cells.

Now this leads me on further to wonder if brain cells could be replaced by beads and how much the operation would cost?
Answers on a small delica bead please to lovetotat @ gmail.com!!!

Yesterday evening I sat and stared at a drawing that Mark Myers had sent me as a suggestion for another way of doing 'beady' things like the flowers and butterflies. Sadly, though, I was too tired to get the fingers and brain coordinated to make a start. So instead I've started on a card for a very special friend. I'll show you that when it's done!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOL! Thank you, Jane, for such a fan-TAT-stic pattern. I'm glad you like it. That was actually a quite interesting thing to tat. Even though I love the look of beads, I tend to shy away from the ones that have a lot for fear I'll mess it all up and have to undo or cut it out. Not anymore, though. I have conquered my fear of beads.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.