27 March 2008

Tatting Patchwork shapes

Well I had a quiet start back into 'tat mode'!! I've decided to leave aside a design I'd started on before my break (sorry, Georgia!) for a few days until I've got this patchwork phase out of my brain.
I want to do a square and triangle to go with the diamond. I looked at the diamond pattern on my site and realised that the first thing I had to do was to alter it so that it shows right side wrong side tatting. Yesterday evening I re-tatted it and altered the notation in a word document.
I then started on the square. Well, I tried!! The two pathetic attempts are not even worth putting on the scanner!!! I think the best way to tackle this is to use my drawing program and 'play' with it to make a square using the same elements. The problem I can see is making the two new patterns in the same 'format' as the diamond.
Still, knowing me it'll eventually get done I expect!!!
PS to this post. Riet's just told me about this book on tatted patchwork. I shall buy this once I've finished my square and triangle. Don't want to be influenced by anything in
Adelheid Dangela's book.

1 comment:

Tattycat said...

Very pretty. I like it!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.