12 February 2008

Sally's Angel

My poor sister has been 'nagging' me for a year or more for an angel to fit in a ring!! I've tried 'adjusting' several other designs but couldn't quite get them right!! The only thing to do was to start from scratch myself!!! I've already got a good supply of these little heart beads so that seemed a good place to start!!!

Below is the first 'real' finished angel (scanned on both a white background and a black one). Not sure that I really like it yet. The lower wings are (I think) a bit 'too much' and will probably be left out in the next version or adjusted to come lower. The arms and hands which go round the bead are also not 'quite right' so probably they need adjusting too - maybe it's just the colours are the wrong way round. I like the head and the skirt. It's a reasonable start and I will get back to it so that we've both got a Christmas giveaway in plenty of time this year!!!

8 comments:

Tattycat said...

Very pretty. I like it!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Janey O Janey...I really like your angel alot. Very pretty.

Jeff Hamilton said...

I like it too. I can honestly say I haven't seen anything like it.

Gina said...

Yeah, the lower wings look like floppy arms. I love the rest - maybe slightly wider in the skirt? but without the lower wings, it might be fine. Oh - I just got it! I kept thinking ...fit in a ring?...thinking finger ring - but you mean a bangle ring!!! Duh...it's late. Good night!
:-) Gina

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your angel is so pretty! I love the blue, gold, and white together!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
I like your angel, but I think you should take of the lower wings,. I think angels don't have wings like butterflies, the fairy has them but an angel has a wing like a bird. look at the pictures in the churches
I like the skirt.
Nora send you her greetings and a big hug, she is crawling now on her behind through the living room that works verry good no carpet but a wooden floor
greetings
Riet the B-engel

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Your off to a great start Jane. I like the colors you did her in too. I don't know how you tatted the wings with both colors showing though. Looking forward to more updates. She will look very nice in a bangle. Carol Lawecki

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is just so lovely with the beads in all the right places!
I thought the lower wings were arms when I first saw the picture...

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.