21 January 2008

Neglecting this blog!

I'm afraid that this blog has been a bit neglected over the past week. I've been ebaying more of the little hearts and realised that last week the prices were probably a bit high. This week I've reduced them. I do hope that some wedding planners will see them as they'd be ideal for place cards, invitations etc.
The 'tat it and see' has taken over my life. That's good news to me as I do hate these winter months where there's nothing but rain, darkness and cold and this has really cheered up my days.

What has really surprised me most has been the way this idea has been so popular. I did think about a dozen people might take it up but .........
The really good thing is the relative new tatters who are also having a 'go'. As they didn't see the completed piece before starting there was nothing for them to look at and think 'that's too advanced for me'!!! I have had a few people ask for extra help which has also been good as I've learnt a lot about how to write/draw things too.
On Sunday after day 7 went out, my mail box just kept filling up with guesses. I've (hopefully) managed to keep up with them and have got a 'summing up' post to release at the 'close of play'. I'm hoping too to be inundated with finished pieces but even one or two would be good.
Finally the only really negative thing that's happened is that progress on a new pattern has staggered to a halt!! I am not really blaming the TIAS but my brain!!!

2 comments:

Toptattyhead said...

Jane, the problem with pricing for any hand made items is that people do not understand that you have had to by all the materials and take the time to make it. Even if it only took you half an hour to make a little heart, the great wide public out there wouldn't dream of working for only £3 an hour, they would insist on the minimum wage at least!!!! And of course we are scuppered with poor quality machine made s... that they can get for pennies! Having said all that (now off me soapbox) I wish you all the luck in the world with your sales, the hearts are beautiful and everyone should be honoured to own one!!

Tattycat said...

Your hearts are lovely and it is a shame that the majority of the public has not idea what goes into things like this.
Thanks again for the TIAS. I think we are all having a marvelous time and it is brightening up these winter days.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.