20 September 2016

A walk in the park

Yesterday we went for a walk in the local park - Highlands Hammock State Park.  Sooooo beautiful.

Here are some pictures of the swamp area and a tortoise we met too!  Sadly we didn't meet an alligator but we did see a young deer which dashed across the track in front of us.  

There were lots of air plants and ferns with many cedar knees which were strange.  Many birds and butterflies were around too but they moved too quickly for an old git like me to take photos.  Maybe I should learn to fly or move faster?  







6 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

You don't want to meet an alligator. Did you know they can run at 25 mph if they get motivated?

Jane Eborall said...

No I didn't know that but I reckon I could run even faster if one chased me!!!!

Maureen said...

You've been seeing some wonderful places on this trip! - I wonder how old the tortoise is.

Jane Eborall said...

Darn it, Maureen, I forgot to ask him, sorry.

Madtatter80 said...

Wonderful, I was born in Florida :)

Bernice said...

Miss Jane you sure do get around. Wonderful sights.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.