17 April 2015

It's all Sally's fault!

Exactly that. Honestly what would you do with little sisters?!?!?! 

I think this must be one of the fastest patterns I've ever done. Sally asked for a barn owl in a bit of a hurry. Said she didn't have time to do one herself so could I?  Well I'm never slow at taking a challenge although I have several in the pipeline (one is another design I did for her too!). 

So here, after just over a week, is the barn owl. There are sooooo many owls done in tatting that I thought it would be a huge challenge BUT BC3 was around with nothing to do and he said 'how about a sideways one'?  The rest, as 'they' say, is history and here he is.

I guess that with ear tufts and a bit of 'playing around with' he could be any 'sort of' owl but really I'd have to ask 'Anitra of the Owls' for more information about that.  This link that I've added is to her and her husband's site.  Anitra and her DH take in raptors etc and look after them in a rescue refuge.  She has lovely stories about owls.  

16 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

What a splendid owl! We have a lot of owls here, including barn owls. I'm going to check out your link, thanks.

Maureen said...

I love his nose!

Andrea Gaskell said...

He is just gorgeous! :)

Jenn said...

Adorable owl!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Brilliant, as usual! And thanks for the link to Anitra's site.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Owls are very popular with my granddaughters, and yours is adorable!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

P.S. - I like to blame my little sisters for antics I get up to as well!

muskaan said...

Yes, that is what little sisters are for ;-P And this is a Good thing to ladle out blame to :-D
Love the owl !!! It has a majestic posture but curious eyes .... as if just turned it's head to see what all the fuss is about :-D

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the owl! You have the eyes just right.

Whoooo Whooooo

Pigmini said...

Can I borrow one please Miss?? Little sister that is... Neither Chris or I have brothers or sisters to blame stuff on!!

As for the Wol... That pattern is going with me to Tenerife!!

Reading In The Violets said...

He is adorable!!! I love him!! I am so glad that little sister of yours asked you to make one :) My children always say I remind them of an owl..not sure if that is a compliment or insult tehehehe but, this one sure is a cutie!! Thank you so much for another wonderful pattern!!!

Cariad837 said...

Wonderful design Jane, thanks for sharing... And, being a little sister myself, at least I have some insight now into how older sisters think! :D

God's Kid said...

Great owl!!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

Absolutely delighted with this pattern and now I can show everyone my barn owls, so please come over to my blog and see them, including their home! Thank you so much Jane.

Elizabeth said...

Love the owl. I will have to tat one for a friend of mine.

Madge SewHappy said...

Hes beautiful Jane.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.