12 February 2014

The little hearts.

First of all - day 14 will be out tomorrow.

I got these little boxes with the hearts put together sooner than I thought I would. I must thank the person who sent them to me (her name is anonymous!) very much as they were a pleasure to make.  I couldn't 'wangle' a needle to sew the tatting on with so I used PVA glue and 'painted' it on to the backs of the tatting using a knitting needle. It needed a lot of patience and a VERY steady hand. Not a job to take on if you have been drinking or have a hangover. Not that I would, of course (drink, I mean) - cough, cough, splutter, splutter.

I'll be either giving these away (there are four of them) or selling them. Not sure which. They're ideal for putting a pair of earrings in and giving as a present. So, they may well go in the Etsy shop. 

Oh, they came to me with THE most delicious chocolates in them - a single praline (I think that's what they're called) in each. Now you may well ask if I shared them with Nick. Well, I did. He got one!!!! Sadly the others got eaten by MEEEE!!!! Well it was hard not to. 

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!





8 comments:

Maureen said...

A beautiful box like that for just ONE chocolate? - how lovely. The little hearts look perfect.

Pigmini said...

I think we should all thank Miss Anony Mouse for sending you those choccies and giving us ideas.... Interesting name she's got tho... LOL

West Pine Creations said...

They are beautiful. They would make a wonderful Valentine's present.

God's Kid said...

That is sweet!!! :)

rsmre said...

Lovely, lovely boxes, Jane. You should keep one for your special Valentine. :)

Valerie said...

So pretty! I love these little heartache flurries on them!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Awesome"!!!!

tattrldy said...

The tatting on the box makes it really stand out - lovely!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.