14 September 2011

Dragonfly pattern now ready

Here's the pattern and here are two more worked exactly as the pattern states - for once!!!

I'm a terror for changing my patterns as I go but this time I think I've got them just right!!!  

Anyway, if you do decide to work any up yourself you can change the amount of beads you put on both the long beaded picots and also where you do the joining of those picots!!!  That's what took the time - trying out different bead counts!!!

The two below are earrings - or will be when I get round to putting them on ear wires!!!  They're worked in a number 80 thread.

11 comments:

Frivole said...

Love your dragonflies Jane, what a great pattern! I shall go and print it off now. Thank you very much!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful, totally beautiful
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I just happen to have a few beads lying around, and I do love dragonflies. You just might get me to use those beads with this pattern, Jane! If I manage, I'll be sure to send you a pic!

Anonymous said...

These are on my list for sure.
Elizabeth

Fox said...

Sweet!
Fox : )

Suztats said...

I'm working on some garden themed Crazy quilt blocks, and your pattern will be perfect for adding dragonflies and some bling. Thank you for sharing! Hugs

Sally Kerson said...

They look great and will enjoy making them. I do know what you mean about altering patterns as you go along.
Not only do I do it with my own, but with other peoples!

miscellanea said...

The dragon flies are so cute! Thank You for sharing the pattern.
Petra

Gill said...

thank you Jane - these are exquisite

Batty Tatter said...

Ooohh, I like your big dragonfly. Can I get the pattern? How do I download it?

The Beading Gem said...

I recently got back to tatting after several years. So I was delighted to stumble upon your lovely tutorial. I have featured it and linked back in this past collection - http://www.beadinggem.com/2011/05/how-to-make-dragonflies-for-jewelry.html Thanks for sharing!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.